Friday, February 17, 2012

I am over my head..er uh, overhead

Hi everyone, hope all is well with ya'll. It's been a few days since I've posted. Have been very busy.

I finally have some GOOD NEWS!! I have found & chosen the place to fix my RV - YAY! And at a good decent price, not a scalpers cost. A price I can afford & whew! Complete overhead rebuild - $3,200.  Much better than the other estimates I've gotten. OK, so now I'm going to blow the horn on PPL. They were the ones that rudely told me that it would be 10-12K to rebuild my overhead cab! I was shocked over that & even more shocked over the attitude that was tossed my way. I tried to complain, but was there at a bad time as all the important people to complain to were out to lunch. However, this was not my bad first negative experience with PPL, so I am now done with them. They sent me to the wrong person last year when I wanted to buy another rig, so I lost the opportunity to buy it. One of the associates made me feel bad that I live in a motorhome. Then there was the time I parked in the handicapped section (it was shortly after my surgery & I have a placard on the window's rear view mirror). They hunted me down & made me move while I was hobbling around the parking lot! They apologized, but I still felt they were wrong with their actions. They did damages to my rig when I had it in for a fridge install. ( I need to mention that Joy in the service dept came through with flying colors, & made things right for me during that time - she was great) However, with the other things I've mentioned, I will from now on, take my business elsewhere. So onto the good news & the place I found. It's Felton's RV service  http://www.feltonsrvservice.com/  They have been around for 25 years. I am soooo glad to have found them! I think I saw a link to them on the internet on someone's RV blog & followed it, which led me to them. They said they could have my rig done in 5 days, but asked for 10. I allowed them 10 as I feel it won't be rushed through that way since they did ask for the extra time. It's not there yet, I'll get Ellie there next week when the weather clears back up. I told them I didn't want to drown while I was driving her ;-)  And I met & spoke with the guy that is going to be doing the actual work. I find that impressive as well since so often, the repairs are done without one knowing the parties, & never really get to meet them.

I can't wait to get my bedroom back!! I found these pics. I know most people use the little RV ladders they get with their C's, but I don't have one. I went to buy one when I got my RV, but I didn't really like them. I was afraid they looked too unstable for me. So I bought a step ladder instead & it's so very valuable! When I'm not using it to climb into bed with, I can use it outside for a few things as well. Like the time my awning saver jammed, so I needed to climb up the ladder to unassemble it as my awning also was jammed too.

Here are some pics of the ladder & how it fits well into my RV. Click on each image to make them bigger for better viewing if needed.



From this picture, you can see the view coming down the ladder. I never would try it going forward - ladders are not meant for that anyhow. But you can see how the footing is great on this!
Cept there have been times where I miscounted steps & thought I was at floor level, only to find a foot stomp while it hit the ground! But that's another story huh?



And here is a pic of Ellie in the snow! Once in a very rare while, we get snow in Southeast Texas! (oh, this isn't new snow, it's an old photo)

And what is snow without a snowman?
My cute little snowman that I built on top of my mailbox  ;-)
It was funny, the breeze would catch his arms & he'd wave at the drivers passing by. He even made Fox26 news! heehee


~As always, be kind to your pets, clean up after them on your travels & respect your neighbor~


12 comments:

  1. I'm so happy to hear that you've found a place to fix your RV. That will be such a load off your mind. Please be sure to write up your comments on PPL in that RV Service website I sent you. It's the best way of holding dealers accountable for their actions when people vote by taking their business elsewhere. You can save someone else from the treatment you received. Where will you stay while the RV is being fixed?

    http://travelinglongdogs.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh you are right, I do need to do that. When they damaged things, Joy in the service dept came through with flying colors. I should have posted that also. She took good care of me with other things on the RV.
    I'll stay in my friends house while the RV is being repaired.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gosh, I'm glad you've found a place to have the work done! Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the picture of you parked up with the big boys, I've done that a few times.

    ReplyDelete
  5. WONDERFUL! I'm so happy for you.

    Foreboding. I can see word verification in my peripheral vision.

    Roxanne

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad you found someone to fix it for you at a reasonable price. I know this has been a real problem for you.

    I see that you have the word verification on your comments.

    Although I will still be reading your blog, I will not be leaving comments after this one, unless I have something very important to say. I find it very hard to read the new word verifications that Blogger has added. Many of us are boycotting it.

    Hope you will understand and remove it.

    Rick has posted a good blog to help you if you need it. http://rickpaulettervjournal.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the comments everyone - I am sooo happy to get this done! Merikay, I turned them off after your post & also changed my format to read at the bottom of my page rather than the pop up window. I had problems awhile back, so had to resort to the pop up window with word verification. But since then, I think Blogger resolved those issues.
    AND I thought of something today! I must clean out my food pantry before I take the RV in too, just in case they have any little mouseys hanging around, waiting for a feast!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a relief to find a good dealer. I just had work done on my RV and was so pleased with these guys. They are fun and friendly. I was amazed at how little it cost me. I thought they forgot to fix something. The repair guy came out and talked with me to explain about the repairs and the problem with the door.

    I know this has made you very happy and once again water tight.
    Yes I would write about the problem with the other place. They need to be put in their proper place.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So glad you will be getting "Ellie" repaired, and that quote does seem reasonable. You'll be hitting the road before you know it. And yes, I'll plan on seeing you in PA!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your blog. We have loads in common!

    So sorry for your woes. I too have similar issues with downright rude repair places that only want the high end RV-ers and their deep pockets. They give us ordinary folks outrageous quotes to either see if we are pure idiots or simply to just get rid of us.

    I hope these folks do you right on your repairs. I now "interview" places before I let them touch my baby even for something simple. Apparently the Rv industry is overly lopsided with their share of charlatans as well as a few good people that are hard to find, but well worth the effort when you do.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am glad I read this and you revealed who tried to take advantage of you. I have looked at their (PPL) website and had even considered buying from them Not now! Their greed has cost them a potential customer. (Power to the People, Sis!)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm glad you found a good company to do the work!

    Erik

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to leave comments, I do read them and sometimes, I even learn something!

I do not allow spam links or spam comments. Those get deleted.

Have a good one and Live the Life you Love!