Saturday, September 14, 2013

How can an ice cube save you from getting sick?

Yes, that's my title & I'm sticking to it! ;-)

So now you are wondering what in the heck am I squawking about?



Well ice cubes & your RV fridge or even home fridge for that matter!

How would you know if your freezer defrosted, then refroze your food again?

Well, an ice cube can tell you that. 

Simply put an ice cube in a container that would show the effects of it if it were to melt. 

If the container has a puddle or a sheet of melted & refrozen water instead of an ice cube, then your food is probably no longer safe to eat. 



This sure can save you from any food poisoning! 

I'd like to take credit for thinking of this on my own....but I saw it on the internet. 

So it MUST be true!!

Hope all is well with everyone. 

Not much has been happening in my life. 

But I got a new toy that I'll blog about soon. 

Not a new RV or expensive toy, just one that makes my life just a little bit easier! 

~As always, be kind to your pets, clean up after them on your travels & respect your neighbor~

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing....nice to hear from you...it's been awhile. Hope all is ok!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, thanks for thinking of me. I've had a lot of internet issues lately, but finally have it all worked out now. And have been going to therapy 3x's a week, which is like going to a part time job! I'm fine though, hope all is well with ya'll.

      Delete
  2. Excellent tip. Think I'll do this. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We have always done this if we went on a trip but left the refrigerator on. We use almost no ice, so I have to rustle up the trays each time from wherever they happen to be hiding at the moment. Finally it dawned on me . . . just make a whole tray of them and put them in a plastic bag so they don't evaporate. This gives me a few ice cubes if we have company, and there are always the "telltale" cubes in the freezer without my having to think about it when we are off on a trip.

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to leave comments, I do read them and sometimes, I even learn something!

I do not allow spam links or spam comments. Those get deleted.

Have a good one and Live the Life you Love!