Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Got blood?

I'm nauseated. I have this weird system, step on my foot, I'll get sick. Cans fall on foot, I get sick. Labs taking my blood, I definitely get sick!

Surgery slated for Monday. Finally. Lets hope the lab tests get to them in time! They should, but with my luck...

So here's the deal. I go in & sit & wait my turn. No big deal, expected that & was actually lucky to be only the 8th person in line.


They call me in about 45 mins later. We discuss how it's to be paid for, where it's to go, etc.

Nurse: Take a seat there.

Me: Oh, the torture chair!
I sit. I slide. I sit, I slide, I sit, I slide....guess you can tell this chair is made of hard plastic & dips downwards. I think they manufactured it on purpose to do that.

Nurse: Which arm?

Me: Doesn't matter. Neither one will work for you.

Nurse: Why?

Me: Because no one can find my veins & IF they do, you won't get anything anyhow. Can I just please work behind the desk till I get a paper cut, then you can get my blood?

Nurse: No.

Nurse then straps a rubber thing around my arm, tightly. "Now make a fist"....methinks ohhhhh, sure baby, I can do that.....oh, wait, you don't mean that I can punch you do you?
No comment from nurse because she can't read my mind. Thank goodness. I'd might be in jail.

OK, now a needle is being stabbed into my arm -- OUCH!!! Did I say ouch? Yes, OUCH!! hmmmm....just very little blood, very little. Making little tiny dots up the clear tube. Not enough for an ant.

Me: I told you so! You're going to do my hand now aren't you :-(  

Nurse: Yes.

Me: Oh that will hurt!!! And it does. And it brings tears to my eyes.

Nurse: You aren't a good candidate for giving blood.

Me in my mind again: No sjit Sherlock, what gives you that clue??

Nurse: Ok, we're done now, you can go.

Me: Thank you for a great time! Now I can scare everyone sitting out in the lobby! Yay! Because I have two big bandages on me & tears in my eyes! I should have sat back down to gather all the looks I could gather >:-)    But I didn't.....

Instead, I went to Big Lots to get bandaids. I walked out of Big Lots, with a box of bandaids, a new fan cooler for my computer because the two others are dying that I've had for a million years & a ----- FINALLY, a cell phone holder for my vehicles!! YAY! I've been needing one for awhile now, but my phone is big & all the holders I'd come across were too small. And around $30 bucks, which to me is insane. So I found one for $8 dollar bucks. Yay to me!

Then I went to Scholtzskys for a bandaid sandwich.

Got back, ate the sandwich, but still feel nauseated. So I put laundry in the washing machine. My arm hurts & is bruising. Now I know how those tomatoes feel in that TV commercial....ouch.

Oh & did I mention that I got a paper cut at Big Lots??? hmmmm....

Boy, I can't wait to see how I feel on Monday!!!!
My arm looks weird at this angle. I'm pretty sure that's all that is wrong with it in this photo though.

Yummy, a Schlotzsky Band-Aid!

Objects are closer than they appear. My luck. Got stuck behind a garbage truck. Which seemed to have some kind of magnetic attraction because as he was speeding up, I was too - so I could simply stay behind him & enjoy the smells???

Gee, another object. Again, closer than it appears. I speed up to pass this one! Wanted to beat it to the red light!

Not my sofa. Not my dog that did that. Thank goodness....not on my watch either ;-}
(Bad Sara)

~As always, be kind to your pets, clean up after them on your travels & respect your neighbor~

21 comments:

  1. Sending good thoughts your way for a successful surgery.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry you had to go through that "blood letting".... hope your surgery goes well and you recover quickly! (And... like you, I'm glad that wasn't my sofa nor my dog)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, blood letting. Yep, that's what it was. Thank you! Uh huh on the sofa....

      Delete
  3. Can you say...'oh what fun this is'? Think positive and Moday will pass without even a notice.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Guess I fell asleep, what surgery are you having? Hope all comes out well and you can plan some trips. Next time tell the nurse to use a "butterfly" and it won't hurt. I have the same problem, they don't even ask anymore, just get the butterfly out, no problem.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey girl, how are you? I'm having tarsal tunnel surgery & the removal of a cyst on my right foot on Monday. I don't know what that butterfly thing is? I'll ask though since they'll do my hand again on Monday for surgery.

      Delete
  5. Best of luck on your long awaited surgery. I only had one such vampire issue because I have excellent veins. It was a doctor that should never be let near a needle because if he can't find my vein and can't draw blood without a lot of pain and bruising, he is incompetent.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Mary. Ouch on your issue you had. It does hurt even more when you get one of those types. I tried to give blood once for a friend, it didn't go over too well. I ended up with extensive bruising & no blood for her. :-(

      Delete
  6. Sorry to hear about all the issues with taking your blood. My question is "What type of sandwich did you go with?" and "Did you have to look at the napkin in order to spell is correctly?". I love Schlotzsky's!! Truly a funny name for a great sandwich. I think I have tried them all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Troy, I got the original sandwich. I really like it best. Their pizza's are good too. Haha, yes, I know how to spell it. Did you see that Camping World is having a thing this Fri & Sat? I'm going over on Sat, a friend of mine wants to go. From 11am-2pm. She wants to test drive some rigs & tour some there too. I guess it's like an open house.

      Delete
  7. Not funny for you, but funny description for us. :) Cheers to you on the surgery stuff.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha Judy, I'm pretty sure that the nurse was glad to see me leave!

      Delete
  8. Ouch!!! I hate when they try to dig for gold while trying to draw blood (well, that is how it feels anyway).

    Good luck on the surgery. Hope all goes well. Keep us posted.

    The Arkansas Travelers

    ReplyDelete
  9. I had not even thought about Schlotzsky's until you posted that photo! I want one! Now! Hope you feel better pronto and that surgery goes smoothly!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used to get them years & years ago when I lived in San Antonio. They were even better back then. Thanks on the surgery!

      Delete
  10. I have the same problem giving blood. So I was told to drink lots of water before I go. So I give them some blood out of my left arm and plenty cup stuff too. haha Hope all goes well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, the water thing!! I forgot about the water thing! I'll be sure to start drinking lots of water over the weekend in preparation for my surgery. Thanks for that reminder!

      Delete
  11. Good luck! Yes, I always forget to drink a lot before I give blood or have a blood test. It really does make it easier for everyone. :)

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to leave comments, I do read them and sometimes, I even learn something!

I do not allow spam links or spam comments. Those get deleted.

Have a good one and Live the Life you Love!