So yesterday morning was spent on top of the roof, cleaning it with my car wash brush & rubber roof cleaner. The Dicor stuff is a 2 step process. However, the first step process is a heavy chemical peeling type of product that also helps to adhere the new surface. However, I have some lung issues & was afraid to use step one due to the chemicals in it. So I asked Camping World & they said so long as I used the other roof cleaner stuff I had, it would be ok. Whew, so I was relieved. I also renewed my CW membership as that saved me $10 on the Dicor. Memberships are $25. & it gives you discounts on their store products & you also get a free nights camping along with it. I only renew though when I need to buy supplies. So back to the roof. I cleaned it, then let it dry. Then I went up & put the first coat of rubber sealant on. You use a paint roller to do the deed. It's not a tough process, it's rather like painting. Maybe a little tedious, especially if you are a perfectionist like I am. But not a tough job. Probaby less tough if you are in top condition & don't mind little RV roof ladders!
Then you let the first coat dry, go up & apply a 2nd coat. This will ensure the roof from leaking & keeping in good condition. I'm glad I did it, it's done now for at least another year! And it looks GREAT! :-)
You can see the part where I resurfaced & where I still needed to do. I took the pic midway to show the difference.
Roof done with first coat.
Roof finished! Yay!
I did a video of the roof process too, but it's not been edited yet. I will put that on youtube & also share it on my blog once I get to it.
Another thing I did was replace a coach light that I broke last year. I broke it at a campground. I was trying to park the rig in a pitch black park. It was full of trees & posts. I took the light out with a post. I gave up & left that park & went to a Walmart for the night instead!
Replacing the coach lights is very easy. I replaced all the red coach lights on the rear of my RV last year. It all looks so much better & none leak anymore as they were also properly sealed down during the replacement. I also did a video of this too, but again, it's not edited yet either.
And what did I do today? Well, I washed the RV! It was filthy. It looks soooo much better. And I waxed the truck part, so now Ellie has a lovely shine to her! I'd love to wax the fiberglass again too, but that takes me 2 days & I'm just not up to that deed right now. I waxed her several months ago, so it does need done again. At least the truck part is waxed now though.
I still have tape over the window till I get the glazing bead ordered & replaced. That window leaks otherwise, not a good thing. And I love that bonnet over my front windows! It has sides that roll down to expose screens. It's a great bonnet. I can roll my windows down & get fresh air through the RV & still have the benefit of screens!
One more thing - note the screws laying at my front window ledge & if you look, you will see a bunch of wood debris under my windshield washer. All that was left from the over head rebuild. I can't believe that they left it like that! And to think I drove home with all those loose screws on the windshield! I had no idea. At least none of them ended up in one of my tires! Geez.
~As always, be kind to your pets, clean up after them on your travels & respect your neighbor~