I hope no later than Friday!
It's not fun being displaced out of your home!
Ellie went back to Feltons for re-repairs.
I took her yesterday, Tuesday, Feb 19, 2013.
Sunday & Monday were spent taking essential items out & placing them in my friends house.
Paperwork, meds, toiliteries I'd need, clothes I'd need.
Took me two days because I can't do a whole lot at a time.
I also emptied my fridge, which also went into the house. The contents that is. Not my fridge. My friends fortunately have TWO fridges, plus a deep freeze, so all grocery items are safe. Ah well, my freezer needed defrosted anyhow!
And I paid dearly yesterday with lots of pain when trying to walk. But fortunately, that's temporary. Feel better today, but will feel even better after surgery. (that's for another post)
So I pull up to Felton's yesterday morning. One of the employees came directly over to me & started inspecting the overhead cab before I even said anything. But I suppose the taped down panel & the plastic covered windows & taped over coach lights were pretty much a clue huh?
He saw a lot of things that needed fixed & did not hesitate to point them out.
I was impressed! He made my job easier since I had very little left to explain.
Then the manager/owner showed up & he was not pleased either once he saw how awful it looked. All the employees that did my rig before are now gone. He had to let them all go due to shoddy workmanship.
I won the unlucky workmanship lotto!
My kinda luck!
OK, so here are the photos of "some" of the issues. I did not get on the roof to take the pics up there too, but they saw the issues & promise to fix it all.
Ellie with her raincap on. She started to leak a few weeks ago. Thank goodness for showers with shower curtains! I grabbed my shower curtain & layed it on the inside where it was dripping from the overhead cab window. Needed to save my bedding & the interior! Then when it was possible, I got on the roof with a hair dryer & found a couple of cracks in the caulk. I dried the areas & taped it over with the shiny silver duct tape. Then I dug out this big piece of plastic - used previously on her before the "great rebuild" a year ago. Was glad I saved it! So I tried to tape it down to the roof, but the roof was too wet to do so. So then I bungied it down & hoped for the best. That actually worked perfectly & no tape could then ruin the surface of the rubber roof! This even served wonderfully against the torrential downpour the other day. Whew!
So the tarp was bungied to my side mirrors. On the drivers side, an old gas can filled with water served as a weight for a nice long bungie cord. The other side of the rig, I was able to fasten it to the awning arm.
The only drawback was trying to sleep with this noisy tarp at night when the winds kicked up!
Front overhead cab window. Notice the glazing bead was pulling away. I ended up having to pull it off before it popped off on it's own. It was a nasty mess. I thought I could get on a ladder & snap it back on after cleaning it up, but nope. There was just way too much caulk applied to it all, which is why it all popped off in the first place! The window didn't leak, but to prevent such, it too had a layer of plastic taped over it after I took off the glazing bead. The strip (glazing bead) was saved to take in to Felton's as well. But they'll probably have to replace it all.
Note the crooked seam. The fiberglass is NOT buckled & warped like it appears in the photo. That's the illusion of the plastic sheeting reflecting off the waxed fiberglass.
Another view of the crooked seam.
The seam is actually popping loose.
The structure of all the crooked seams caused the fiberglass to crack. :-( Not happy about that! He said he can pull that away & seal it under, but can't take care of the cosmetic issue of the crack. Sooo, I will go to a marine shop & get a fiberglass repair kit & fix that myself.
Drivers side fiberglass panel. Loose!! you can even see it sticking out around the bottom curve under the tape! Why did it pop out? 2 reasons. They did not use strong enough glues under it & the metal strip was not properly lined up over it. That side is also crooked, which I didn't even notice till I got the rig to them. His employee noticed right off! So I'm glad that he has this guy working for him now.
They asked for a couple of days for repairs. I HOPE they get it right this time! I don't want to go through this anymore. I want it done & done RIGHT!
The owner was actually disappointed with this work previously done. So he said he'd take everything apart, inspect & redo it all. Of course, the framing under is hopefully fine as I stopped the leak before it could soak the wood. If not, they'll fix that too.
BTW, if you are trying to buy white duct tape, sorry, I think I've bought it all! You should have invested in stock instead.
I also panicked & taped duct tape over all my coach lights too! Better safe than sorry.
So now I'm sleeping in the house on a sofa. I hope for not long! I miss my cocoon!! I miss sleeping in my cubby hole! I don't sleep well anywhere else :-( But I also want them to take the necessary time to get it right this time!
Wish me luck!!!
~As always, be kind to your pets, clean up after them on your travels & respect your neighbor~