Monday, February 11, 2013

Easy Water Filter & New Welcomes

Welcome to Mocha Gypsy! This is one true lady in the world of living in an RV. She's living in her ClassB up north in snow! Brrrr, she's much braver than I am ;-)  I am so glad to have you along. If ya'll get the time, read her blog - it's very interesting.

Also welcome to LeeAnna & Ed. Traveling Tuckers & Tales of the Big Dogs.  I'm not really sure when they joined up, but I just noticed so thought it's about time I welcome them! They have a motorhome & travel with two Boxer dogs. I hope to follow some adventures of theirs soon!

Now for the easy water filter.

Many, many of us use this one.

The Camco "Taste Pure"  RV Water filter in the blue tube. Where I am, the water isn't really all that great, it has a lot of calcium in it, which causes that white chalky residue on things. With this filter, it really cuts down on that issue. Plus when traveling, I want my water to be purer than it is coming from just a straight potable source.

Even if I were tent camping, I think I'd still pack one along for water usage. Although you'd have to be sure it's in a leakproof container as it will hold water in it after use, which drains out of it, but will stay moist enough to get things wet. I keep mine propped up in one side of my double kitchen sink behind the dish drainer I have in there. 


                                                Internet Image

I found this video on youtube, which from watching it, I realized I was hooking mine up wrong. In my case, it probably didn't matter all that much since I only fill my water tank rather than keep it hooked up on the city inlet. 








I am in no way affiliated with this product other than the fact that I use one. I just find it important to find some kind of filtration system for your RV's water usage. 

 And this product is made in the USA! Yay! I don't know if the discarded ones can be recycled though? I'll have to ask at the recycling center next time I pay them a visit. I just bought a new one to replace the one I bought last year.

BTW, I saw in an email the other day where someone referred to an RV being only the motorized kind. Well, that's not true! That would be a motorhome rather than to simplify into an RV. RV's come in all different kinds of shapes, sizes & types! As we all know already anyhow.... 


~As always, be kind to your pets, clean up after them on your travels & respect your neighbor~

12 comments:

  1. Not sure that's the kind of water filter we have or not. I'll have to check it out. I know Jim just changed the filter in ours yesterday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd like an interior type of filter that's hooked up to the plumbing, but then, I guess this one is good to as it filters out what is coming in before it makes it to your tank. Now I'm wondering how those work?

      Delete
  2. I have no idea when some folks started classifying an RV strictly as a Class A. Heck, our 5th wheel is an RV, as was our bumper pull and our pop-up before. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmmm, didn't even think of a C vs an A. Both have motors ;-) Yep, they are all RV's from the big boys all the way down to the popups!
      I know some folks don't even like calling their motorized one's RV's. But they ARE RV's! Ah, technicalities huh?

      Delete
  3. My brother always refers to our class A disel pusher as a camper.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes, I get that all the time too! I swear. Now when I think camper, I tend to think travel trailer. I guess it's all relative huh?

      Delete
  4. We use this filter system and really like it. I think it makes a big difference and like you we wanted a filter system since ours didn't have one built in.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, I thought an RV was a Recreational Vehicle...could be any type from a fifth wheel, tow behind, etc. We have a class a diesel pusher, but I never say that....it's just home to me!

    We love our filter! We always drink the water where ever we park. Thanks for sharing!

    Have a great Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, an RV is a Recreational Vehicle, not one specific thing. Have a wonderful day :-)

      Delete
  6. Thanks for posting the video, Cindy. I always learn better from watching rather than just hearing. This video made it very clear to me. I learn great stuff from your bog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, videos do help. When I have a question on a project, but can't figure it out, I'll ask AND look at youtube videos when possible. Thank you :-) Hope you are feeling better.

      Delete

Please feel free to leave comments, I do read them and sometimes, I even learn something!

I do not allow spam links or spam comments. Those get deleted.

Have a good one and Live the Life you Love!