Saturday, April 27, 2013

New Vacuum

A friend gave me this!

Yay, a new-to-me vacuum!

Actually, I have an older version of this, but the belt needed replaced. The shipping cost twice as much as the belt did. So I never got around to ordering new belts.

Instead, I bought a Shark vacuum at a garage sale. I LOVE the Shark, but it is an upright. Which means I have to store it in my tub. Which means that I have to remove it from my tub when I want to shower. Then dry my shower to return it.

One more closet in this rig would be fabulous, but that ''ain't gonna happen".

So, here is what my friend gave me:

Downside though....I don't think it can save my life.

The Shark saved my life twice this week.

From spiders! On my ceiling! I hate spiders. One big black hairy one, one skinny tan one. The Shark ate 'em. : -)

It's going to rain today. This is the view out of my screen door. Too bad we have a BBQ to go to today. I feel like just being lazy today instead..

14 comments:

  1. Maybe you need to take the Shark out to dinner for saving your life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, it's a good thing you had the shark around! I don't like spiders either. I read one time the average person eats about 6 to 8 spiders in their sleep! I have always hoped that was not true!

    Enjoy your BBQ!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, that's an intolerable thought!!! Yuck.

      Delete
  3. Di have a little Dirt Devil just like that one. It is handy for the stairs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes, those little things are great for stairs & for upholstered furniture if you have pets.

      Delete
  4. I so hate spiders. We have enough room (barely) for an upright on my side of the closet so that's what we have.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do like my upright as it's narrow & not big like some are. I'll test out the Dirt Devil & if it serves me needs for now, I'll put the Shark in storage till I get a bigger RV.

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. You didn't say that, did you???!!!! Ha! ;-)

      Delete
  6. My friend bought a shark. I told him not to because I knew he wouldn't like it. One day I came home and found it in my driveway. haha I liked it for the motor home because it took very little room to store it. But then it wouldn't take a charge anymore. I found it needed a battery. It now lives in the shed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jo, the Shark I have is electric. It does a great job, but is so powerful, it will eat my rug runners. I love that it has a hose that I
      can clean with too. But with my small RV, sometimes a toothpick gets in the way ;)

      Delete
  7. My wife takes the little spiders and the big ones outside and lets them go. I kill them, I know they kill other bugs but if they invade my space they get squished. My wife gives me the laser eyes when I do this... :)

    Erik

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I can't, I just can't!! They are spiders! They bite & eat you! Every bit of you! No thanks ;-) We all have our heebie geebies, spiders are mine...if outside, I leave them alone, if inside, I sick the vacuum on them!

      Delete

Please feel free to leave comments, I do read them and sometimes, I even learn something!

I do not allow spam links or spam comments. Those get deleted.

Have a good one and Live the Life you Love!