Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Westminster Kennel Club Dog Show

Yea, I have stuff going on in my life.  

 Too much stuff lately. 

Too busy lately. 

I'm stealing a couple of hours to try to read, catch up on my blog reading. 

But I fear I won't get far. 

Going to need to get the pupsters done early today so we can go to a friend's house & watch The Westminster Kennel Club Dog Show on TV! 

Been there, it was fun! A few years back that is. And we got snowed in & stuck in New York for 3 extra days! (check out the link for fun dog show stuff - you can watch your favorite breed online!)

The Madison Square Garden was something else too. It was an experience to remember & value. 

But:

This little Texas Gal does NOT do snow. But her goofy dog does! She skated till her heart was content! She was cute all dolled up in her little red coat, snood made by me, to match & her little red boots. Too bad I don't have a picture of that. She would skate on the ice in those boots & did it on purpose! Silly girl.(a snood is a sleeve type of thing to slip over their heads to keep their ears clean when they eat -- in this case, it was to keep her little head warm)




Feather at the age of 2.

~As always, be kind to your pets, clean up after them on your travels & respect your neighbor~

16 comments:

  1. Oldest daughter just told me that a Bichon ( like Izzy) won the non-sporting group last night...Yay!
    I am going to try to see if I can stream it on my 'puter. Enjoy yourself!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, sure did! I hope you can get a connection good enough to stream it on. Give that little Izzy & her little pal a hug for me.

      Delete
  2. Without cable I don't get to watch it. However, I did see the (some dog food) dog show and there was a dog like Feather but definitely not as pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We used to watch it every year, but now that we don't have TV we miss it. Feather sure is a beautiful dog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Merikay, you can still view vids on the above link if you wish to do so. Thanks on Feather - thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  4. Feather is truely a beauty.

    I moved away from the east coast to avoid the snow. But we sure got nailed yesteday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What's up with that??? Old man winter decided to visit the snowbirds?

      Delete
  5. My sister just posted a pic on Facebook of her dog watching the show, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love to watch the dog show. Feather is beautiful!

    Enjoy Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Feather is just gorgeous. We really enjoy watching the dog shows, especially the Great Danes. We have one well our daughter does. Saw on the news the winner this year, did not know of this breed. Can't remember the name now, but the announcer said it had a monkey face. :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Dane there was lovely too. The Affenpinscher is often referred to as "the monkey dog" -- it's a term of affection.

      Delete
    2. Oh well I am glad to hear that. I thought he was making fun of the little guy. He was very cute!!

      Delete
  8. Having a non-AKC approved collie, they don't really hold all that much interest for me. Except I love the dogs anyway. But I love my dog best of all. Feather is a stunning beauty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Mary. It doesn't matter if they are AKC or not (unless one is involved with dog showing), they all should be loved just the same! Hugs to your girl :-)

      Delete

Please feel free to leave comments, I do read them and sometimes, I even learn something!

I do not allow spam links or spam comments. Those get deleted.

Have a good one and Live the Life you Love!