Sunday, October 9, 2011

Rain, rain, finally RAIN!

Well let's hope that our drought season has finally come to an end! Rain today, beautiful wet rain, thunder, the works! But in Texas, we sooo badly need it. This is our first really real rain that has lasted for more than an hour since last February! And it's very calming while sitting in the RV listening to it gently pop onto the RV roof. I didn't think I'd have any RV tips today, but here's one...never leave roof vents open during rains if you do not have the weather resistant type of hoods over your vents ;-)

So other than the rains, not much going on today. I've been going through my videos & photos today. I made a huge mistake on videoing (is that a word?) a lot of my RV fix ups from last spring. I was hoping to edit them & get them online, but I didn't realize I shot them in the tiny format for usage of little smaller sized vids. Bummer! So while still trying to figure how I'm going to remedy that, I will upload this video shot in the same format of a darling little foal here to see how it looks online.


Yesterday was spent with BCB rescue day at PetSmart with my little rescue Chiweenie, Carlos. Carlos loves going there! He loves the people & other animals there. He had a great time playing with a tinier version of a Chi mix. Too bad I didn't have a camera along for a photo op!

Here is a photo of the party boy, Carlos!

I hope everyone is having a great day. I'll end this post with a beautiful red/purple sunset shot.


As always, be kind to your pets, clean up after them on your travels & respect your neighbor.
Toodles!


5 comments:

  1. Another Texas cheering the rain right along with you. Yeah!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the rain! We went to PetSmart today (didn't take Doris, our little chi-mix rescue, who doesn't like to shop) and ... we saw an adorable chi-weenie. I don't think it was Carlos though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. longdog2, did it rain all day there? We got rain from around 11am through 7pm.

    Kim, if he was there, then he snuck out! ;-)

    Thanks Merikay. We got a rainbow this evening, got two shots, battery died. Put in more batteries, they were dead too...by then, rainbow gone.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just discovered you blog and I see you are an animal lover like me.

    I love the video of the foal. Wish i could get my hands on him!

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to leave comments, I do read them and sometimes, I even learn something!

I do not allow spam links or spam comments. Those get deleted.

Have a good one and Live the Life you Love!