Saturday, August 24, 2013

Ho Hum

Hi everyone, hope all is well with ya'll!

Life has been rather ho-hum lately.

I've been doing a lot of dog sitting lately, well, not only dogs, but a cat, 2 Peacocks & 1 Macaw.

Then there's my guys too. I too have dogs & cats.

I've become a kennel manager in some way. Hmmmm

So I've not been hanging out on blogger like I'd like to lately. But I have finally added my cheap, er, inexpensive camera that does videos to my netbook. The netbook has windows8 & won't take my real camera now :-(  There are no drivers for it so I guess at this point, I have to consider my old camera obsolete, which sucks. The memory card in it is sooo big that it doesn't even fit today's new card readers. Bummer.

So I will have to check out cameras out there & make a decision on acquiring a new one.

In the meantime, I've started working on videos again since I have footage that was just sitting there.

Last weekend, we did go to Brazos Bend State Park. I had no idea that it really wasn't that far away from me! It's  a really neat park, but it does have gators! My friends' grandchildren were here, so we took them there. They wanted to see gators, but none were out. So we did some walking & went to the observatory. Saw the moon all close up & personal. Saw Saturn, Venus & the stars of the Big Dipper. That was cool. Especially seeing the rings around Saturn & Venus.

I plan on going back to that park to do some camping when the weather cools down a bit. It's so darn hot. It's just too hot to go camping anywhere, which would really help with my boredom if I could. But me & the dogs would only sit inside of the RV trying to keep cool in the a/c if we tried camping right now.

Here is a link to Brazos Bend State Park:  http://wildtexas.com/texas-parks/brazos-bend-state-park
I plan on buying a park pass for Texas State parks once I do finally get out to do some camping. I also live within an hour of Stephen F Austin State Park too.

I'm still in therapy. That should finish up in the first week of September. I'm not anywhere near where I'd like to be physically. I did pay for the walking we did at Brazos Bend. We didn't do that much, but what we did do was still too much for me. But then, there was also a lot of standing around too. Especially in the lines at the observatory to see through the huge telescopes. But it was cool! Especially with the young boys, which are my friends grandsons. Their excitement of seeing these planets really enhanced our moods for sure.

But since I'm not healing as well this time around, they might put me in another program for more therapy. We'll see. I do need it, but I'm so tired of all this.....

The main chiropractor there told me that it's harder the 2nd time around on the same type of surgeries on the same body part. It just takes a lot longer to heal. I have to agree with that.

Again, I hope all is well with everyone. I'm going to once again, try to catch up on my blog reading. I finally have some quiet time for about 2 hours.

~As always, be kind to your pets, clean up after them on your travels & respect your neighbor~

9 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear you're not progressing as fast as you wanted to. It does get so frustrating and discouraging at times. But hang in there and eventually you'll be ready to go again. And hopefully by then it will be a whole lot cooler.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, yes... sorry to hear you're not progressing as well... glad you got away to Brazos! Fall's a coming! idn't it? ha?

    hang tight ...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When? You'll get fall before I do....can we rush it? Oh, wait, I gotta heal first don't I?

      Delete
  3. Be patient it will heal. listen to me I have no patients at all for anything much less not being able to do what I want. But we will get there once again.
    At least you went to Brazos Fall's.
    Hang in there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, yes, I'll take your advice miss Impatient! Brazos Bend State Park is really nice. Took some cell phone pics, but I needed my real camera there. The moss hanging off the big oaks is pretty cool too.

      Delete
  4. Sorry the healing is taking so long. It's frustrating. Glad you got to get a little fun in there. Can we call you the Kennel Master?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess you can....I'd kind of like a break. Had a grooming business for 20 years, then finally closed the shop. Then ended up here, with even more dogs....help!

      Delete
  5. Recovery time is ALWAYS frustrating time. I wish I could help you get through yours.

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to leave comments, I do read them and sometimes, I even learn something!

I do not allow spam links or spam comments. Those get deleted.

Have a good one and Live the Life you Love!